This page presents the program offerings of the College of Arts namely; 1.) Bachelor of Arts in English Language and 2.) Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. You will be introduced to the nuances of the two programs as well as possible job opportunities awaiting the graduates of these two programs. So, go ahead and enjoy your exploration!
Bachelor of Arts in English Language
Bachelor of Arts in English Language is a professional degree designed to strengthen English communication skills, writing techniques and literature analyses. The degree emphasizes on refining creative skills and literature talent.
Enrolling in this program closely knit students’ skills such as reading, thinking, writing, creating and presenting a work of literature or history. It also provides a good preparation for students who want to pursue Bachelor of Laws and Letters or any field of specialization subsequently.
Possible career opportunities for AB English graduates
English is one of the vast spoken languages in the world. Thus there are no limits to the number of jobs available after completing a degree in English. Some of the possible career opportunities include:
- Theater acting
- Government and private researcher
- English professor
- BPO language training specialist/BPO representative
- Creative writer
- Website content editor/writer
- Literary editor
- AM/FM Anchor/Disk Jock
- Movie/TV Series Scriptwriter
- Communications officer for Law Firm, Airline, and various businesses
- Events organizer/coordinator/host and many more
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Political science is the study of governments, public policies and political processes, systems, and political behavior. Political science sub fields include political theory, political philosophy, political ideology, political economy, policy studies and analysis, comparative politics, international relations, and a host of related fields.
Political scientists use both humanistic and scientific perspectives and tools and a variety of methodological approaches to examine the processes, systems, and political dynamics of all countries and regions of the world. It also provides a good preparation for students who want to pursue Bachelor of Laws and Letters.
Possible career opportunities for AB Political Science graduates
Political science majors gain analytical skills, administrative competence and communication abilities that are valued in a wide spectrum of potential career areas. Some of the possible career opportunities include:
- Political Analyst
- Corporate, Government Archivist
- Executive Campaign Operative
- City Planner
- City Housing Administrator
- Congressional Office/Committee Staffer
- Corporate Public Affairs Advisor
- Corporate Economist
- Corporate Information Analyst
- Corporate Adviser for Governmental Relations
- Foreign Service Officer
- College/High School faculty
- Social Research Specialist
- Labor Relations specialist
- Public opinion analyst
- Urban policy planner
- Web content editor, and a lot more