The College of Arts (CA) of Technological Institute of the Philippines Quezon City (TIP QC) is the newest addition to this ever-growing community of teachers and learners. Founded in 1962, T.I.P. has braved the changing times and humbly stands tall amongst institutions of higher learning of today. By constantly innovating, it continuously touch and change the lives of countless individuals, nurturing their small dreams into the reality of success.
The T.I.P.’s College of Arts is anchored on the vision of its founder, Engr. Demetrio Quirino, which is to provide opportunity for the youth to realize their full potential. As an alternative to the technological education, the liberal education the College of Arts provide will help the younger generations achieve their dreams and aspirations and goals to become productive and responsible citizens of the country.
The College of Arts (CA) of Technological Institute of the Philippines (TIP) envisions the development of the students’ critical thinking, argumentative skills, communicative proficiency, research and investigative competence, administrative ability, social awareness and sense of responsibility.
The College of Arts is committed to educate students to develop their persuasive ability through impartial judgment and correct reasoning, to gain proficiency in the English Language, to produce socially and politically relevant research outputs, to promote sense of leadership, and to become catalysts of social transformation.
College mission objectives
The Technological Institute of the Philippines, Quezon City, through its College of Arts (CA), intends to facilitate the integral development of the students to effect personal and societal changes and to realize fullness of human life.
The College of Arts through its program offerings; Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, (you can learn more about these two programs by clicking here) aims to:
- improve the general well-roundedness of an individual by furthering his secondary level of study;
- provide a strong foundation for advancement into major field of specialization;
- develop the student toward the attainment of the TIP graduate attributes of professional competence, critical thinking and problem solving skills, communication skills, lifelong learning, social and ethical responsibility, productivity and interpersonal skill.
Program educational objectives (PEOs)
Three to five years after graduation, the Bachelor of Arts alumni shall:
- have advanced their practice or achievement in the field of Arts and/or other endeavors or advocacies supported by their acquired education;
- strive to be globally competitive through:
- living by the TIP mission values, pursuing continuing education, and practicing continuous quality improvement (CQI) in their personal lives;
- continuously scanning, adopting and building on the best practices in their field.
Student outcomes (SOs)
By the time of graduation, the Bachelor of Arts students should be able to:
- articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice;
- use the techniques, skills, and modern technology necessary for the practice of the profession;
- apply knowledge of contemporary issues and principles of ethics relevant to professional practice;
- demonstrate a service orientation in one’s profession;
- function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings;
- communicate effectively in oral and in written English;
- recognize the need for, and prepare to engage in lifelong learning;
- preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage.”